Smartphones and tablets are able to "notify" users when an event has occurred. On Android and Apple iOS devices, notifications appear grouped in a notification panel easily accessible from the top of the screen. Push notifications help app backends display fresh information on mobile devices even when the app on the device is not active.
PMH eliminate one major complexity: you do not have to manage the challenges of push notifications. Instead, you can use a Messaging Hub. As Messaging Hub, PMH use a full multiplatform messaging, scaled-out push notification infrastructure, and considerably reduce the push-specific code that runs in the app backend. PMH implement all the functionality of a push infrastructure. Devices are only responsible for registering messaging account (WhatsApp, Telegram, Google Talk or Email), and the backend is responsible for sending platform-independent messages to users or interest groups
You can use PMH for both enterprise and consumer scenarios. For example:
- Send alert notifications to users or groups for applications.
- Send breaking news notifications to groups of executive.
- Broadcast messages to your employees.
- Send location-based coupons to user segments.
- Notify users of enterprise events like new messages/emails, and sales leads.
- Send one-time-passwords required for multi-factor authentication.